ManicRobThrill

Friday, August 05, 2005

Steam

Another day to boil in this city and an off-week for the band; I am still rehearsing/refining/re-learning my acoustic set and becoming more confidant about my singing and playing again. It's a funny thing--something that's been so natural for so many years suddenly becomes non-existant. I didn't think about, look at or touch my acoustic guitar for months and then it just started coming back the minute I actually sat down to run through (roughly) the songs I felt I knew best. The cliche about bicycle riding comes to mind. I have a lot of songs I can pick and choose from, be they from the various periods of The Punch Line, the Smile era or the previously-planned-for solo album. It's a really nice and liberating feeling to have that much at my disposal. Of course, it wouldn't kill me to change the strings on the damn thing, either. Or to continue re-building the dexterity in my fingers again--after 26 years, the blisters on the tips of my fingers seem to have healed. Time to get them back.

Will hopefully be seeing J.W. tomorrow for the first time in a few months--bless his heart, he wants to help me repair the car with little cost. Even if he wasn't doing that, it'll just be great to hang with him.

Every now and then, I love these non-descript weekends. Tomorrow--coffee, groceries, fix the car and then Liz and I will hopefully still be in the mood to head up to Maxwell's for drinks and dinner. Sunday gym and laundry and wind out to psyche up for Monday.

No reportage beyond that, so have yourselves a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home