ManicRobThrill

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Pure shores

Calm and quiet has been the mantra of my recent days; trying not to get bent out of shape over things, be they large or small. Been quietly re-learning/un-learning self-disciplines of habits, thought patterns, etc. and for whatever reason, which I am not questioning, it's been working. I feel focused and set on a more positive course than I've been for a while.

The band is quiet for the moment, but it doesn't mean we've hit another fallow period; if anything, we're being diligent and detailed about making sure this album sounds as "perfect" (very loosely put) as we can get it. I think of it as a re-building of the enthusiasm as when we started recording. To a degree, it seems like every time I listen to the last mix, I find more nuances to take note of and either build upon and enhance or remove for when the next session takes place. I've NEVER felt such a desire to exercise absolute quality on anything I've ever recorded before. Nine times out of ten, it's always been a case of "record it/mix it/get it the fuck out of my life". A horrible and irresponsible approach. That attitude explains why I've never cared for anything I've been part of and usually will never listen to. This one, though--this one is special. For all the right reasons.

The only other thing I could possibly want right now, to keep in this spirit, is a few days at a beach somewhere.

Any offers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home