ManicRobThrill

Sunday, August 28, 2005

The future is unwritten

Went out last night with Liz; she finally met Jason and Sean as we congregated at Maxwell's, a place that holds nothing but positive vibes and great memories for me. It was a night to begin looking at what's ahead for myself and Sean and knowing that even though we won't be seeing one another on a daily basis, we have some very strong bonds of friendship that will keep us propped up through this little employment sidestep and beyond. Like I said, this job loss' only regret is not seeing some of the people. Nonetheless, it was a night of laughs and great conversation. So on we go, onward and upward...

An interesting and very flattering anecdote Jason laid on me--he was doing his workout and listening to his iPod when a song came on that really had him going and he said "I had to look to see what it was 'cause it wasn't hitting me "who is this?" -- it was "Train Of Thought". Then it happened again today--same thing, except it was "Tearing Me Apart". The thing is, I wanted to hear them, not 'cos they're your songs; they're just fucking good songs". Blows me away, you know? My friends are trusted for their honesty; I prefer the unabridged versions, but that is one of the highest compliments you can pay me. And I'll now take it--graciously. Once again, it validates why I'm doing this all over again.

Heading up to Essex agency tomorrow for an Excel tutorial, to improve my minimal skills. It cannot/does not hurt. If it helps my chances of getting a good position, then great. Whatever it takes.

Back to the gym this week, for the final month. As soon as I find another job, renewal of our membership will be the first thing I do. It's something I love and need.

At this moment, I'm listening to last week's four mixes and I'm STILL agog at how fucking great it sounds. Almost safe to say that this is my favorite album of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home