ManicRobThrill

Friday, August 26, 2005

Settled dust

It's really not bad at all. I was still a bit thrown off by events when I look over my last posting. On Wednesday, I went up to the office to collect my items and take care of the last bit of business. Now I'm free and having actually gotten a restful night's sleep last night, I'm back physically at 100%. Had three interviews yesterday--two were via an "open house" and the other was signing on with an agency who does serious placement of a temp-to-perm nature. I had e-mailed my resume to a friend of mine who immediately forwarded it on to people he knows, so I really believe this will be a very short time between jobs. I have faith in myself and I have a LOT of support from my family and friends.

During this time off, I'm hoping (in between interviews or temp jobs) to be able to really start focusing on demos. Since the album is two songs shy of completion in mixing, I'm now looking towards the new material, etc. So again, in this frame of mind, looking forward, I only see the positives of the (not-too-distant) future.

No, I'm not some kind of new-age, hippy-dippy lunatic. I've been through this before and there are certain coping skills you need to have and hone. When we all left Atlantic Records in '01, I didn't bat an eyelash and I had a job within 2 months. Keep in mind, that was at the worst possible time in the economy. It's all about perserverance. Just like in '03--moving from job to job to despair but never stopping the hustle; constantly looking, calling, interviewing--even though the job at The Gap (both phases) was a difficult period, it helped get me to the next, higher level. So now that the Direct Revenue phase ends, it's on to even better.

It always does get better. Seriously.

Maybe it's time to go home. Where I belong--back to music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home