ManicRobThrill

Sunday, September 25, 2005

The big wheel

Tomorrow is the day I begin the first chapter of my new life. I don't say that lightly. I'm looking forward to getting through this first week and getting acclimated. I also need to get used to the drive, although I don't see it being nearly as stressful as the daily trip I used to make to Williamsburg, when I worked for ComFour. October starts next week and that equals a two-month countdown to putting the security and first month's rent on the apartment in Roselle Park. Once December comes, around the time we close for Xmas, I will make sure the lease is taken care of and I can book the movers.

I took Liz out there yesterday to see the area and to actually go into the apartment; she's very happy with it. We drove around the area and found the gym, the shopping center and various other things that will make life so much easier and certainly, things we don't have within walking distance from where we are now.

Also bought the new brakes for the car, bless Jason's heart. Once again, looking out for me and making sure I saved as much money as possible. We'll take care of that next week and then I can schedule the inspection (which is a time consuming inconvenience). Okay, no biggie. Thanks to his sage advice, I've been reading The Richest Man In Babylon, which, if you haven't read it, although it was written in the 1920's, has a great deal of poignancy in this day, age and economic climate. Tightening the purse strings and looking to not spend foolishly is such a key element of my current mind set.

In two weeks, we plan on mixing the final songs as everyone's schedule seems to be in synch with one another. Another gloriously positive moment.

So now I intend to unwind and not think for the rest of today. Tomorrow will be a busy one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home