ManicRobThrill

Monday, October 10, 2005

Weekend rewind (seven days too long)

A whirlwind and yet, at moments, strange week... Decided to not take the apartment we looked at in Roselle Park after the super turned out to be a class-A scumbag ("if I can convince management to hold an apartment for you, are you going to take care of me?" -- uh, fuck you, no); quite the opposite from how he was the week prior. Okay, onto Plan B and better. Besides, it's only early October.

Work has been busy but managed to grab a quick hour away from the office on Friday with new friend/dude supreme Kevin, who like myself, is a seasoned veteran of record labels. I feel very comfortable at Turn Up The Music and I can honestly say that I'm enjoying what I do for the first time in a decade.

Hung out at home on Saturday after a quick grocery run (even skipping Starbucks!) since it was crappy and raining all day. Good to just stay home, chill out and order in.

Yesterday, The Punch Line finally finished the mixing of the last two songs for the album. Yes, the record is truly done. Now it's down to mastering and shooting the cover art. The hardest part is over and I'm looking forward to us getting together in a couple of weeks to master and then rehearse for the first time since March. It was great seeing the guys yesterday; really missed Bob and was glad to have a chance to grab a meal and few drinks and just hang out together for a while.

Now it's back to prepping for tomorrow. Food issues? You bet.

Quick nod and kudos to my Northern Soul influences. If you know the reference to this entry's title, write to me.

1 Comments:

  • Dexy's!

    The MP3's sound great! Lemme know when you guys play out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home