ManicRobThrill

Friday, December 30, 2005

Year-end rewind

Not to belabor the points I was attempting to make in last week's 3-part posting, but here we are at the end of the year, and I, at the end of my week's vacation. Been ill right through to yesterday but still managed to get all necessary things done for the move--booked the movers, called all utilities, made the annual contribution to Liz' and my I.R.A.'s and did the laundry. Not much else. Between the weather being wet and gloomy and having been unable to shake off the cold until yesterday, it's been a low-key week. Did get/make a lot of phone calls; good to hear everyone's voices, especially hero cousin and guitar god; helped keep the good vibe of the afternoon (albeit a quiet and laidback one).

A lengthy year comes to a close; an odd year in many ways and one that has led to more changes than I'd imagined/expected to make in the span of "just one year". It's nice to end it on a note of the album being finished; knowing that we have a place to move and that the plans are now solidified and hopefully once the move is completed, we can settle into a new life. It's also comforting to end it, having spoken to all the members of my family who care and believe. The only thing left to wrap up is the taxes, but I won't make myself crazy as there's so much more to do with them this year and I want to have it done right.

Beyond all that, I can only hope for another year on an even keel; turning 40 made me feel more solid than I did before, so it would not be presumptuous to think that it only grows.

By the way, a few people have written and asked about The Punch Line's website not being updated and where has the hit counter on the bottom of this blog page has gone. The answers are:

a) Bob and I have spoken with Chris about overhauling and updating the website (gave him a list, etc.), as there's obviously a lot of relevant new things to put in place and a lot of very outmoded items on there. I don't know when he'll work on it; it's become a concern since people we've begun to know have asked. I don't want us to lose the impetus we've gained nor the interest of those who visit, but rest assured, if you don't see anything on The Punch Line's website, always check mine or the band's MySpace page.
b) I don't know! The counter disappeared a few days ago and I tried to access the PrecisionCounter website, which does not connect. I fear they may be having server problems and may have lost all the data (again). I'm guessing this page has reached at least 2000 hits by now.

As a wise man recently said, "shine your light/your love/your hope". That's all anyone can do at this time of year.

I wish you all a happy, healthy and love-filled New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home