ManicRobThrill

Monday, January 02, 2006

The end of the beginning of the end...

So it's back to work tomorrow. Pleased to say that if nothing else, I'm ambivalent about it. I feel fairly well chilled out and am looking more forward to this upcoming weekend--not because it's my birthday but because The Punch Line begin '06 at work. We just received an invitation to play this year's International Pop Overthrow festival, being held in Nashville. That's quite an honor, to be sure, but unfortunately, since the album isn't out yet and I'm first moving next month, the timing isn't right. I did get back in contact with the show's promoter and he could not have been nicer and more understanding; hopefully, they'll have a slot for us next year. A great way to start this year, though.

Had a nice, calm New Year's Eve with Liz; spoke to Brian, Bob and lovely cousin Val and did some more packing--goodbye to even more of my old "Mod" clothing; a good way to end the year. The passing of time with the purging of a former life (style?). Had a few glasses of wine and an early night--just after midnight. Ran minor errands yesterday and today and here I am with the first entry of the new year.

Resolutions? I have none; however, I do have resolve. The plans have been made and laid out; the wheels are in motion. To be brief, I'll share:

a) move to New Jersey - complete as of 2/13
b) join a new gym - upon moving to Union, join Image Planet (early March)
c) do the photoshoot for the album cover - end of this month?
d) have the taxes taken care of as soon as all forms are in (the one inconvenience--the waiting for the 1099's)
e) release the album in time for the spring

There are other minute elements: i.e. lose some weight; return to Sahaja Yoga practice, etc. I think it will be done in no time simply due to maintaining focus.

So that's my opening salvo for the new year. No doubts in my mind.

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home