ManicRobThrill

Thursday, February 16, 2006

I (still) love you...

I was only offline Sunday night until Tuesday morning when the Comcast guys came dead on time. That was the first good thing after the ordeal of the movers NOT showing up until 8:30 p.m. Yes, you read correctly. Liz and I were finally here, alone, at 1:30 a.m. on Monday night. Unfuckingbelievable.

Tuesday: awake at 5:45; barely any sleep and the apartment looked beyond description. Where to start? Ran on fumes all day as it was unpack; wait for utilities (Elizabethtown Gas sucks--they were the only ones who dropped the ball by not showing up at all) and work non-stop. The apartment is now at 99%; the exception being that I'm in need of someone who can rig up my VCR and cable, as Comcast didn't have the right wires or splitters available. Ugh. The only losses in the move were 4 DVD's--and they were actually lost somehow--including my beloved Quadrophenia. FUCK. I already replaced the other 3.

More chores yesterday and today to get settled in; DMV took less than an hour total (not including the 20 or so minutes to drive from one office to the next); picked up my official gym membership card, groceries, a test run for Liz with N.J. Transit and finding her bank and new doctors' offices. Already, we're feeling like we belong in this community. Nice to be able to look at my car and see the parking permit affixed to the window. Nicer still to look out the window and see the car parked right there. I think I love this place already.

The only real downside to this whirlwind week is that I didn't have a chance to pick up a Valentine's Day card for Liz. Some may say it's inconsiderate; others may say it's understandable. I say to her: I love you; I apologize and you know that you're always my Valentine. So even if this posting is two days past the holiday, it's still totally from the heart. I'm all about the love.

So should you be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home