ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Loose ends need tying

Since it's been several days (a week?) since my last posting, I'll dispense with the weekend rewind. The week itself was busy, work-wise; spent a quiet and relaxing Friday night at home, just talking and watching T.V. Saturday morning and into the afternoon, it was all about getting chores done; a quick burger and then home to unwind in front of the gogglebox again. Sunday was grocery shop and then to Hoboken to buy the furniture for the new apartment--success! The items we wanted were in stock; the finish we wanted was available for all the pieces and they'll deliver the day after we move in, which is already reserved for the cable and gas companies. Afterwards, a great lunch at Pita Grill and down to Target to get the rugs for the living room and bedroom. All that's really left to do is now wait until the 29th, which is the day we sign the lease. That, and a new coffee table, which we saw and will be getting next week.

The band should hopefully go back to the rehearsal studio next week; I would love to see us keep up the impetus that we seem to be rebuilding. I know Chris is working on the website; I'm looking foward to seeing the changes. I'm as guilty as anyone else, dragging my feet to shoot the cover photo, but I'm fairly certain that by the end of the month (maybe the same weekend I sign my lease), I'll find the "right" train station and take the damn photo! My bad--I'm responsible for art execution, so I need to kick my own ass. Actually listened to the album in its' entirety for the first time in the car while driving home from work. It's about ten times more powerful when you hear it in surround sound as oppposed to on a Discman. It still leaves me shaking my head with some disbelief and a great deal of pride. At the end of the day, it's what I always hoped and felt The Punch Line should strive for--pride and quality going hand in hand with the solid base of the music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home