ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Weekend rewind plus (strange thing)

The birthday was great (see previous post); Sunday was spent chilling out alone at home. The perfect contrast to the raucous good music on Saturday night. Busy with both work and things around the house--got the new phone number and gas service taken care of today. All that's left to do is sign the lease on the 29th. Took the car for a sorely-needed transmission oil change, which, thankfully, didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Got an e-mail last week from a former girlfriend; it's an interesting thing when you haven't had contact with someone for X amount of years and suddenly they get in touch. When I first read it, I was creeped out; then I was ambivalent and thought about blowing it off completely. I eventually wrote her back a perfunctory "you asked all these questions--I don't know why you sought me out or what you want, but here are your answers" reply and I'll hope that's the end of that. When someone from the past tries to reconnect but your prior history wasn't worth the time that was invested in it, it's disturbing. You know: it ended; I have no cause to get in touch with you; I don't think about you--so what's the deal? Even more curious is that half of the crew said (as the general consensus) "I hope you didn't write her back at all" and the other half said "just be polite and answer her questions", which is what I did. So I reiterate, I hope this has been laid to rest once and for all.

Strange things will happen one day... indeed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home