ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Fool's gold

This past weekend was, I'm happy to say, one of relaxed vibes while managing to get everything on the list accomplished. Seeing my dad, who is making slow but marked improvement; the groceries, the laundry--everything that we said we were going to do and take care of was done and there wasn't any angst about it. I can't remember the last weekend I had where I didn't think about the things that have been troubling me.

Liz has begun a new chapter; a new job. Even though this is only the second day, my hope is that she's happy there, treated with the respect she deserves and will grow comfortable and enjoy what she does again. She seemed to lose her spark with jewelry design and it's now coming back.

I've gotten a greater number of e-mails these last two weeks than I have in a long time; I'm trying to catch up now and answer them. Thank you to everyone who's been asking about my dad and how Liz is doing and (for that matter) how I am. The answer is I'm doing what I need to do and I think we all know what that means; as I do this, it leads me to believe I'm on the road to my own emotional recovery (not to get melodramatic about it; stress is a fucking nightmare).

Seeing my former compatriots this Friday night; can't wait to meet up with them. It will be good to see warm smiles again from people I care about. Another weekend to get more done around the apartment (and yes, the quasi-spring cleaning went swimmingly--only one bag of stuff to throw out!) and perhaps go to a movie or something (maybe Maxwell's on Saturday night)...

...and yes, before some of you ask, I will be updating the website and attempting to make some music this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home