ManicRobThrill

Saturday, December 25, 2010

You don't have to tell me now

It has to be said, Xmas has never meant anything to me. Not in a spiritual way; not in a symbolic way--and I hope it doesn't come off Scrooge-like. It's just another day. Aside from the fact that I'm not Christian, I've just never found it to be worth its merit, simply because it's always seemed such a farce. Gifts should be given to those we love whenever we want because we love them. I know that sounds like such a broad and obvious statement, but it's one component to my point of view. A gift should always be from the heart, with no motivation of reciprocation behind it. You give because you want to--very simple. Thanksgiving is a much more spiritually uplifting day--a day of gathering with loved ones to "give thanks" for what we may have: love, companionship, understanding. In short, the true blessings in life.

Nonetheless, in the calm and quiet solitude of today, I am working on the new songs with a focus and clarity I haven't had for years. The guitars are tuned and set; the recording equipment is marked and prepared. How much I will complete and achieve, I don't know, but I do hope to get four songs down and done.

And so this is Xmas... And?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home