ManicRobThrill

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Here it comes yet again...

When one has an idea on what they're creating, it is the most liberating, exhilarating feeling. I have been truly blessed--especially after 30-plus years of writing songs--that for the first time, what I've been writing has been completed in my mind. Before my hand ever touches guitar, I know what and how I want these new songs to sound. An incredible thing.

So it stands that three new songs are ready; I have begun - FINALLY - the recording of the first tracks so that the structures are there and I can build upon them. "Wash Away", "Bed Of Thorns" and the shocking (to me and to those who have heard it acoustically) "Don't Worry Baby, I'm Not Your Victim" are amongst the finest things I will ever do. Pride talking, perhaps, but the music speaks for itself. Especially "Don't Worry...". This is a new emotional area, both in lyric and delivery. I have always avoided truly putting myself in the song; this was a catharsis that screamed "inevitable". I wrote it from the deepest point of my feelings and didn't spare anything. Thus, for some it may be upsetting; for others, it will be a heavy chord struck home when it touches them--in a positive way. This is a song that bares the soul; I truly don't mean that pretentiously. I've laid myself wide open with it and hopefully, it leads to more songs pouring forth and born to be recorded immediately.

Thus, I await the delivery of my Les Paul--yes, the real thing. The clouds have parted; the way is clear and I know where to go. Now is the time--I have reached the next sometime soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home