ManicRobThrill

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Duty now for the future

I'm too physically tired for the gym tonight; instead, I will head home to continue tightening up "Wash Away" and "Bed Of Thorns". I don't have to do the laundry; the other sundry things I had to take care of, I did on my lunch hour at work--this now frees me up to concentrate on these new songs. I need at least one night away from the gym so my body can actually rest/heal.

Aside from the tasks at hand, I took another major step in the right direction--partly as a reaction from the summer's events: I called my credit card companies and slashed my credit limits down--one of them, I decreased by $16K, so I never even remotely dance near the edge of that volcano again. I made the folly before and I saved myself from it--there's no point in putting myself in harm's way. I already cancelled one account and put the card in the shredder; all my focus is now on the future--my eye being trained on next year. Furniture, housewares - necessities to re-build and re-establish my life with.

You need to take complete control of your own life; I have that. I've also re-instated my temporarily-on-hold sense of discipline. You know the drill--the only hand you're going to get is the one at the end of your own arm. And I don't want or need anyone helping me. I am quite capable and happiest to do things on my own and for myself; I'm very good at being a self-contained unit.

Which is why I'm still veering towards recording all the song parts myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home