ManicRobThrill

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Autumn bugle

The writing just keeps flowing like an open tap. I've played a few of the new songs to close friends and there seems to be an excitement that I haven't felt since the days of "Well Of Loneliness" and The Punch Line's return to the recording studio in 1991(!). Of those songs, the one everybody keeps pointing at and having the strongest reaction to is "Bed Of Thorns". I think I know why, but it's a great song. I'd be a liar and a phony if I didn't acknowledge that. Soon enough, it'll be heard, but I do agree that "Wash Away" and "Everywhere" are also really good--especially "Wash Away", with its' singalong chorus (think "Texarkana" mixed with "Before You Were Born").

So what to do? Try and do this all myself or get to the one thing I do best? Working with other musicians? It's still up for debate, but I see that in the not-too-distant future.

Once again, it's a full life. Gym tonight (still sore); gym tomorrow night, dinner with friends on Friday--car business on Sat., dinner with friends Sat. night, Sunday gym and that thing I do... Even more intriguing is the upcoming reunion with my old "family" after 9 years; I must say, there are a lot of things to look forward to...

I'm seriously thinking it's time I had a real vacation. I do believe I've earned it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home