ManicRobThrill

Monday, November 22, 2010

Workbook

Even I have these terrible lapses in focus, where the idea of doing something so necessary becomes an abhorrent chore. Aside from taking the car for its annual inspection or getting new glasses, so too is the discipline to record the now-piling new songs in demo form. Thus, I have broken the now 10 year streak of no new original demos and have two completed: "Don't Worry Baby, I'm Not Your Victim" and "Wash Away" (which I'm happy to report only took one take for guitar and voice). These are skeletal--just guitar and vocals, but it's a crucial re-beginning. Next will be "She Can Hear The Angels Calling" and "Bed Of Thorns".

Having completed the first two demos, I will now do a rough mix for balance and send them to Chris, as yes, once again I am looking toward working with him in some capacity, whether it's in the form of a Punch Line resurrection or not. The rumors are true; I am willing and hopeful that indeed, The Punch Line will in fact, reunite for our 25th anniversary in 2011. A lot of water has passed under the bridge and the reason I would have the band come back together is for the love of the music--especially these new songs--and the joy of playing together again.

Sometimes I bristle at the notion of "going back" but this is different. This is my band. It will always be my band--our band. There are other things I just can never go back to. It has nothing to do with pride or stubbornness--it has to do with self-respect. And I have too much respect for me and the other guys in the band to not want to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home