ManicRobThrill

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Terms of psychic warfare

Yes, it is a Happy New Year. A sunny Saturday morning, a cup of good coffee after a solid night's sleep--all of last year's discomforts are now for the ages. Life rolls on as does another year and I see yesterday as nothing more than material for my book.

As always, I don't have any "resolutions"--those questions were truly resolved as situations unfolded. I'm not one to make proclamations about "I need to lose weight" or "I need to quit smoking"; there are some simple - and tangible/obtainable - goals, which can be achieved by discipline, focus, belief and work. This includes wanting to find a new job, as I want better--I am tired of hearing the concessionary nonsense of "oh, you have a job--why look for one?". Because I want more and you should always strive for and want greater in your own life, let alone for the others who are part of your world. Settling for complacency is suicide. I look back over many of the people who have entered and exited my life and I think how some of them just roll over. I'll be 46 in a few days and I don't believe in the notion of simply accepting "oh, this is my lot in life". I may not get what I want, but at least I have the courage and the desire to try. I will be continuing my positive health direction; I'm actually heading to the gym in a little while. I will hope that my relationships maintain their strength and continue to solidify in greater measures; I will not repeat past mistakes. I would like to see the songs that have now begun to appear get a public hearing; my goal is to perform again. I have begun reconnecting to higher elements; I want to continue exploring that path. I will discourage any kind of negative energy or people from my life. Even if that means further amputations of friendships, etc., I will no longer accept corrosive beings in my orbit. I have no debt--neither realistic/financial or philosophical/personal. I owe nothing to no one and that possibly makes me as free as one could hope to be. The ability to write; not just songs, but begin focusing on actually writing the book so many people have told me to write. Using this blog will be a helpful tool in making sure I can refine this skill. The songs will continue to come--the reins are firmly in my hands. Let this not go misinterpreted--no one re-ignited me as a songwriter--I never lost what I already always had.

Who I am now is not who I was yesterday, nor 3 months ago, nor 6 months ago, nor a year or two or twenty five ago. I am in the now; be here now and into tomorrow. Whoever I evolve into is who I become. Facts are facts: time moves, but it also runs out. There is no time for hesitation or procrastination in my life. Look at the number: 46. I'm not a young man. I see it for what it is. Tick, tick, tick.

In short, the plans I make are realistic and not lofty. They are simply the things I want and feel I need.

And so a heartfelt Happy New Year filled with joy and satisfaction to us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home