ManicRobThrill

Sunday, April 07, 2024

April rains (ad infinitum)

The second of two - and maybe more to come this week - ugly, dark, cold and heavily rainy days.  Today is not a good day, as I had to take an emergency day off from work; I had to book an unwanted appointment with my urologist's office.  I won't go into the unpleasant details, but there was a serious concern yesterday morning when I got to work that made it necessary to call and ask to come in.  I'm doing everything I can to not overthink things - it could be nothing.  But I want to be checked and tested and have facts, not speculation.  I don't feel ill; I've been fine, so that's why I was (for lack of a better word) alarmed.  We shall see.  

Having to drive to the opposite end of Staten Island in this downpour is not a good thing; however, it was quiet and the streets were not heavily occupied.  All in all, the next steps are clear - three tests to ensure that this isn't serious (hopefully) and what may have caused it (more importantly).

Unlike 2022, when I had the cancer scare, I'm not letting this consume me.  I want to know the realities, not the unnecessary fears.  And in that respect, I'm well ahead of where and how I was then.  It doesn't make it any more palatable that this month is just one long medical headache - 2 blood tests, visit to my regular physician, cat scan and then this awful procedure.

Grin and bear it, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home