ManicRobThrill

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Nothing achieving

Went to work at Chris' today on the album art so we could complete the layout and send it to the manufacturers; let's say things didn't go so well. Nothing was done, save for the cleaning up of the minor typos. Very frustrated. I'm pleased with the fact that my lingering doubts about the master are now cleared up with (what I feel is) the right mix for "Let It Go" (thus facilitating the need for a new master to be burned and which I've listened through to/approve of), but I really want this artwork to be completed. It's become a laborious situation that now needs to be taken in its' entirety to a different avenue, which I'll attempt to do this week. If I can make this happen, then the production goes on as scheduled.

The Punch Line apparently have a gig coming up on May 6th as headliners, which is nice. I'm still cautious as I want to make sure we're not going to be asked to pay to play this venue (what kind of bullshit is that, anyway? - I have no intention of paying a cent if that winds up the case, which Bob and myself told Chris), but as long as we discipline ourselves on at least 2 rehearsals a week leading up to this show, I think we'll be in great shape. It'll be a Saturday night, not 15 minutes from home and as a friend and I were just discussing it, his take on it was "it's not Maxwell's on a Saturday--look at it as a rehearsal with kids there". An astute observation, since you can file it under "worst kept secret" as to why The Punch Line would play this all-ages, no alcohol club. I'm already looking into Maxwell's and CBGB's; May's show would be a test run for whatever this band may do during the summer. There are two bands (of friends) who want to play with us in the coming months and if all in The Punch Line's camp manages to maintain a sense of steadiness, then I would certainly enjoy that venture. At least now I can justify playing live, since by the show's date, we'll actually have product to sell at the club. It would also be nice to not talk about but to actually manufacture (at the least) some stickers (still too early for t-shirts, but you never know).

Looking at the above, something tells me I'll probably get heated e-mails, misinterpreting everything I've said. I took a shellac-ing for my posting on my birthday when my ex-girlfriend e-mailed me ("you sound so cold and unfeeling" was in one e-mail. No--I just post here what I feel and how I see things at the moment; it's strictly stream-of-the-moment's-consciousness). No one's been slandered; no one's been insulted/berated; no one is accused of any crimes. I'm just a reporter in this bubble of time. And one of these days, I'll post my now-3-month-old-thoughts on the whole "birthday e-mail post controversy"... ooooh! So if you get riled reading this, chill out.

Thank you for the e-mails, questions, etc., about my other projects. While I'll stay mum on some of the proposed shows, collaborations, etc., I will say this much: for "Stylized", the sifting process is coming along nicely and I'd guess I'm about 50% done with picking the material. Here's a teaser for you, though--expect at least two (if not more) shows by June and July (and no, that does not include the May show of The Punch Line) to materialize and the dates appear on my website.

My dear friend Keith sent me a link to a video service to watch an old Jam performance; I found THIS instead. Go watch. Learn. Be inspired. That band is why I'm still here.

Sometimes you have to go back to go forward and sometimes, you just have to keep on pushing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home