ManicRobThrill

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Something to believe in

In a week where I've spent many hours (when I have them available) working on the art for an album that was started two years ago, I find myself in a moment of honesty where I'm now saying aloud "what's the point?". I'm happy with the album; I'm proud of it, but let's not kid ourselves here. It's time to make changes and I'm more than accepting of it. Time to move on to something new and shake off the hindrances of a past that in many ways has been the biggest stumbling block to this new album. These songs are old; they belong to the '80's version of The Punch Line. It was an interesting enough exercise, to step back to a degree in the past, but enough is enough. The Punch Line, as we knew them, are truly dead. Now... move forward. I know the next album recorded will be exactly how it's been discussed and hearing the new demos are a total turn on; if anything, I need to get on the horse and shape up my new songs.

I also have other things to do; other things that I find interesting, like starting work with the guys in the studio and help them shape their future. I'd rather take part in someone else's future rather than be aiding someone else in trying to ride the wave of my past.

Now that's entertainment... finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home