ManicRobThrill

Friday, April 25, 2008

And it goes on and on and on and on...

While some pressures and negatives are off and settled down, thankfully, some things have not improved. By virtue of the many e-mails and phone calls, I'll just give you all an update right here. My father's ability to walk and be "independently mobile" has not improved to the degree that he needs to be able to back to the assisted living facility; this morning, I'm supposed to receive a call from the rehab nursing home, giving me a full report on what is and what may be. So the situation has not been what we were originally told--thus, fuelling my ire at this rehab center, aside from the poorest communication, lack of respect for patients' families and irresponsibility (losing some of my father's clothing in the laundry? Christ almighty.). I don't know the answer yet--will he be able to go back to assisted living or need to be moved (yet again) to full-on nursing home? I don't know.

Been playing again, with some sense of joy; I have an upcoming acoustic show and really feel the need to get in musical shape. It's nice to know it's the bicycle rider thing--pick up and play at any time, after a prolonged layoff. It always seems to happen; I need to have a reason to play as I've gotten older and that's fine.

The warm, sunny weather has helped pick up my mood, although my (minor) allergies are starting to affect me. Nonetheless, I can help but revel in the comfort of a still-light afternoon as I head home--the outdoor ride on the ferry home is still perfect. No plans but for the usual domestic chores, et al for this weekend.

I'll post the outcomes of my phone call later.

...and the post-script (almost as quickly as I posted this): just received the call from the rehab center and my father is going home to New Broadview Manor next Wednesday. Aside from the shock and very happy surprise, relief comes to mind for his sake. Thank God for small favors.

Now have yourselves a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home