ManicRobThrill

Sunday, January 30, 2011

In the eyes of my friends

I realize my last posting was kind of a nothing reportage, but some days, you just want to state that the moment is good. Not special; not exciting, just a solid, happy moment.

I think I'm in a state, currently, of what I would consider "perspective through objectivity". I've learned so much in the last year that I feel like an acolyte all over again. Changes, for good, bad or indifferent, have manifested themselves in me and I've taken what I could from all of them. I can say that prior to last May, I feel like I'm back on the road I'd been on previously--focus, clarity, rationale, drive, desire, improvement, solidity. In a word, returning to life in the world of the emotionally mature and reasonable.

Which leads to the consistency of writing new songs and gathering ideas. From the pride of the statement contained in "Don't Worry Baby, I'm Not Your Victim", which is something of an anthem already (one friend off-handedly commented "Dude, you may have written the song of your career right there"--quite a compliment; there's no price for that) and the stellar Punch Line-by-the-numbers "Wash Away" to the next cycle: "Best Thing" (with a line like "...the evidence is there for all the world to see/the best thing about you was me...", you know it's a classic pop song), "Hopeless" and "Can't Fight It Anymore (Won't Fight It Anymore)", I'm fairly certain that an album is being born. My guitar playing is beefier, aggressive and better than ever.

Twenty-plus pounds lighter later, you can visually see the changes in me; the positive body/mind/spirit waves continue to come in and light pours all around me.

Every day, more and more, I continue to pile up, inventory and count my blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home