ManicRobThrill

Sunday, February 06, 2011

The act we act

An open letter: for those who, in typical fashion, underestimated me, I can proclaim loudly, proudly that everyone was wrong and I am once again at the pilot's wheel of my own ship. While doubt can be a great motivator, along with pain and spite, I need nothing more than to say "look at me; listen to me and see how I am".

There comes a point of being so far down that you can't see the surface and it's at that moment you find some way--and it doesn't have to be some great epiphany--to jettison all the pain, frustration, sadness, etc. All that weighs you down is removed and you put yourself into a trajectory that relaunches you back into the land of the living. That's where I'm at.

It's that kind of personal drive that makes you want to accelerate forward; to make up for lost time in the mire. And so come more songs and ideas and the anticipation to map out in full and begin the new album.

How bad can a day begin when you wake up early and get out to the gym; have a full workout, grab a (decaf) Starbucks and have a good conversation with someone learned?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home