ManicRobThrill

Thursday, February 17, 2011

After all the roads have led to...

I almost feel like I've been slacking--missed a few days last week and one this week at the gym; only played guitar once last week and once (so far) this week and I haven't even thought about recording. Off putting... But the fact is I've been feeling tired and needed a slight break.

Just today, I finished the lyrics to two songs: "Best Thing" is now complete and so is "The Next Sometime Soon". At this moment, there are 5 more songs to add to the original 4--this now gives me 9 songs in total and more titles are now on paper, so you know I'm still working. It's just the physical pace I'd been at couldn't sustain; I would have wound up getting ill.

J.W. thinks "Best Thing" is brilliant ("you sound like a young Bob Mould"... ahem). I think it's clever and while the bile has subsided from frothing so much, it shows I've lost none of my regained edge or forcefulness in either the lyrics or the music. That and the fact that "Best Thing" has hooks, melody and catchy lyrics, so how could I go wrong?:

"And in the eyes of my friends, your arrogance never ends
As the consequences fall effortlessly
The evidence is there for all the world to see
The best thing about you was me..."

One of those moments where I thank God for the ability to write.

A long weekend ahead (hurrah) and next weekend will most likely be the first photoshoot - solo, that is. A lot of work ahead; a lot to look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home